God's Work, Our Hands
Help Us Support Our Local Firefighters and First Responders
This year’s “God’s work. Our hands.” Sunday marks the 20th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on U.S. soil. To honor those firefighters and emergency workers who responded to that terrible day, GTLC has partnered with the South Trail Fire & Rescue District, which serves Gateway and nearby neighborhoods, to support the work our local firefighters do every day in our own community. In the midst of blistering heat, pelting rain, hurricanes, and pandemics, they are often first on the scene whenever there is a fire, accident or medical emergency in our community. By supporting what they do, we serve our entire community!
South Trail has identified two ways where we can be of service:
1) providing items that protect and refresh firefighters as they go about their work in the outdoors, and 2) providing the numbers that they attach to homes and mailboxes so that people are easier to find in an emergency.
Between now and September 12, we will be collecting the following items:
- Gatorade or similar sports beverage (powder or liquid, any quantity, flavor or size)
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher, any kind)
- Bug repellant spray
- Complete sets of 4″ house numbers (numbers 0 – 9)
- Sheets of reflective house number stickers (for mailboxes)
If you live far away, we have put together an Amazon Wish List so that you may order items and have them shipped to the church. You can find the list by clicking the button below.
Then, on September 12, we will have one worship service at 10 a.m. Afterwards, we will complete our project! There will be something for all ages to do to support our first responders. Thank you!
11381 Gateway Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33913