Gathering for Worship
Join Us For In-Person Worship
Sunday Mornings at 8:30 a.m. | 10 a.m.
Worship Guideline Update - May 15
Dear Friends in Christ,
From the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic we have followed the guidance of the medical community, in particular the guidance of the CDC. Our decision to close the campus more than a year ago and the guidelines we implemented to return to in-person worship have been in line with “best practices” that church communities have followed. With Thursday’s update from the CDC we are once again reviewing our guidelines. There was of course good news in the update and a continuing path to returning to some normalcy in our daily lives. The reasoning provided by the science speaks to the effectiveness and safety of the vaccine. After consultation with the synod office, local medical personnel, and prayers we offer the following update.
- We are encouraging attendees to wear masks for your continued safety, but are not making it mandatory. Pastor Jen and I will continue to wear masks inside while socializing out of respect and care for all who wish to attend in person worship. While we have no way of knowing nor will we be asking for proof of vaccinations, we encourage you for your own health and safety to follow the guidelines set by the CDC for your own particular situation.
- The sanctuary will continue to have every other row seating guideline so that individuals feel comfortable while in worship. Please respect those around you who wish to maintain social distancing at this time.
- Communion will remain by individual communion kits for the time being and the offering baskets will remain in the back of the sanctuary. We’ll also continue with socially distanced sharing of peace.
As we make this transition, in particular the issue of masks, please be considerate of those who make the choice in their best interest to wear a mask or ask for space between individuals in worship. We have been wearing masks for well over a year and while some look forward to not wearing them, there are also those who aren’t yet ready to forgo the wearing of masks.
Information is updated quickly and we continue to do our best to do be attentive and sensitive to the changes. Each of us has been through trying times during the past year; kindness, love, and grace are needed now as we continue to navigate an ever-changing world. We will continue to offer updates to our guidelines as we move forward and appreciate your understanding and patience.
Guidelines for Worship Gatherings
- Masks are optional, but encourage. Please be responsible with regards to your own health and vaccination level.
- We continue with social distancing in the Worship Center and all public indoor spaces.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the facilities.
- Many of our regular practices have been altered or done away with for the time being in order to provide the safest environement for our people. We will not be sharing the peace, passing the offering plate, and communion is done with individual communion kits.
- We will not be handing out bulletins or The Weekly in hard copy format. The service will be projected on the screens in the sanctuary and The Weekly can be downloaded from our website.
- Coffee Fellowship is avaialbe. High top tables in the Welcome Center are spaced out for those who wish to be inside, however social distancing guidelines are in place indoors.
- Please refrain from attending the service in person if you are not feeling well or anyone around you has shown symptoms of Covid-19.
11381 Gateway Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33913