Gathering for Worship
August 12th Update on Worship
Dear Friends in Christ,
The church council met on Monday evening at our monthly meeting to have further discussion regarding returning to in-person worship. As many of you know we had planned to begin this past Sunday, July 12th, however we prayerfully decided to postpone that day for health and logistical reasons. As we evaluated our current situation and reviewed our safety guidelines that we will follow it is the consensus of the leadership to begin in-person worship on Sunday, August 30th. We will conduct one service at 10 a.m. with a 20% capacity of 100 people. Tickets will be available to register for on Monday, August 24th. The guidelinescan be found at the bottom of this page. A few things to highlight are the stations the will be set up to guide you safely from entering the building to the time you are seated. We will be conducting temperature checks, hand sanitizing, and guiding you to your seat as part of the guidelines and process to be a safe as possible.
I know that many of you have been waiting anxiously to get back to church while many others will continue to choose to worship with us from home via our live stream. I fully understand all thoughts and opinions and respect everyones decisions for themselves. Please know that our #1 concern and priority has been to making sure we are doing everything possible to be safe and provide avenues of worship for everyone as they so choose. These have not been easy decisions and many of these past weeks and months have been difficult for all of us. You continue to be in my prayers as I covet your prayers during these times as well.
We are requesting that you register for attending our in person worship. You will be able to “purchase” tickets by clicking on the Register for Tickets box below. The tickets will be avaialbe beginning Sunday, August 24th. This will help us to ensure that we have seats for those planning to attend at a safe social distancing seating plan. Please read the Guidelines for Worship Gatherings section below prior to registering and attending.
Guidelines for Worship Gatherings
- Seating in the sanctuary is limited to allow for social distancing. Registration is required to attend.
- The doors will open 10 minutes before the services, please note that you will not be allowed to enter prior to that time frame.
- Masks must be worn at all times. If you don’t have a mask when you arrive, one will be given to you.
- Temperature checks will be taken as you first enter the building.
- Families will be seated together, please follow the directions of our ushers as to where you will sit.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the facilities.
- Many of our regular practices have been altered or done away with for the time being in order to provide the safest environement for our people. We will not be sharing the peace, passing the offering plate, or having coffee hour.
- We will not be singing as a congregation, special music will be offered by our various music teams.
- All doors to the sanctuary will be open and a staff member will be opening the entrance doors in order that nobody has to touch doors and door handles.
- The buildling will be sanitized before and after each service, including all chairs, bathrooms, and hard surfaces.
- We will not be handing out bulletins or The Weekly in hard copy format. The service will be projected on the screens in the sanctuary and The Weekly can be downloaded from our website.
- Congregating in groups will not be allowed while in the building, please follow the direction of our staff as they escort you to your seating area.
- Following the services, each section will be dismissed in order to prevent groups of people trying to exit the same doors together.
- Please refrain from attending the service in person if you are not feeling well or anyone around you has shown symptoms of Covid-19.
11381 Gateway Blvd.
Fort Myers, FL 33913